2022 JMA Scholarship Program
We are so excited to announce the relaunch of our scholarship program!
The Jacksonville Marine Association offers scholarships to immediate family of members and their employees. Scholarships are open to graduating high school seniors or to students currently enrolled in a college or post-secondary trade or vocational school.
Scholarships are awarded each year in memory of four of the association’s most active and respected members, John Lowe, Pete Loftin, Grace Rogers and Dick Boger. Each year, the association board of directors will award these four named scholarships based upon the qualities of the applicants.
Additional scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
*The application process is the same as listed below for all scholarships.
- Scholarship awards are $2,500.00 per award.
- Students are eligible to apply for 4 (four) consecutive academic years following high school graduation.
- Each application is subject to Board approval.
- July 1st of each year is the application deadline to be considered.
- Qualifications: GPA: 3.0 or higher on 4.0 scale
Candidate must be a graduating high school senior or current student attending a college or post-secondary trade or vocational school who is either an:
- Immediate family member (child, spouse) of a member in good standing of the Jacksonville Marine Association.
- Immediate family member (child, spouse) of an individual currently employed by a member or business in good standing of the Jacksonville Marine Association * NOTE: The member/business under which the candidate qualifies must be listed as the candidate’s sponsor.
- Candidate must display and provide confirmation of good work ethics, school attendance, civic and extra curricular activities, and leadership skills.
- Candidate must provide a minimum 500 word essay detailing their educational plans and future occupational goals.
All eligibility questions should be addressed to the Jacksonville Marine Association.
Scholarship Length: One-time award
Submission Deadline: July 1st
Method of Payment: By check to institution after proof of enrollment is provided to Jacksonville Marine Association Board of Directors
Application Process: Candidate must submit online application form , one letter of recommendation, essay as described above, and supporting materials by July 1st via email to email@example.com.